Sunday, January 13, 2008

taking off

I'm not yet 100% healthy (who is?) but I'm getting antsy with so much free time at hand. I want to get out of the house, but not necessarily go back to work. I've been doing too much thinking, analyzing and planning in the past few days regarding my life. It's time to put those plans into action, or at least do something productive while waiting for those plans to hatch.

So, I'm going back to work tomorrow. While I'm not too crazy about going back, I do want to see how things have changed in my absence. Besides, I may only have a couple of weeks left before I leave this job and head out for greener pastures, literally and figuratively. I've decided that I'm getting out of my comfort zone, with hopes of learning more, getting more experience and, most importantly EARNING more. Maybe this will come at the expense of my stepping down from a pedestal I worked so hard to be on, and maybe I will have to adapt to being a second-class citizen, but for the moment, I'm willing to swallow these bitter pills just so I'll be cut free from the system I've become tired of.

I didn't make this decision during my 10-day sabbatical; I've been mulling over this since I passed the boards in 2006. It was only during the past several days that I've come to finalize this decision and really decided to push through with this. I've got to make something happen, I don't want to get stuck in this rut I'm in right now. The decision scares the hell out of me, but so does the thought of me doing what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. I may crash and burn in the process, but I know before I do that I have to take off first. I can always go back to my comfortable rut if I do crash and burn.

No comments: